Medicine Recall Ventolin Accuhaler 200mcg (Salbutamol Sulfate)
Glaxo Wellcome UK is recalling two Lots of Ventolin Accuhaler 200mcg because a manufacturing issue with these Lots has been identified which has resulted in a small number of units not delivering the full number of doses.
Healthcare Professionals please take the following actions:
- Quarantine any affected stock of Ventolin Accuhaler and return to the original supplier for credit
- Identify patients or carers who have received Ventolin Accuhaler since 31 August 2017
- Contact these patients or carers to notify them of this issue and ask them to check whether their Ventolin Accuhalers have Lot numbers 786G or 754P printed on the device and packaging.
- If the patient or carer has any Ventolin Accuhalers 200mcg from these Lots, they should be asked to return them to their pharmacy or their dispensing practice for replacement with a different Lot number.
- Provide replacement packs to patients at point of return, to ensure that affected patients are not left without a supply of their medicine.
- Quarantine any remaining stock of these Lots and return to the original supplier for credit.