Self-awareness is inarguably the best gift to oneself.
When this question is asked during an interview, the interviewer aims to access:
- Is the candidate self aware?
- How open and honest is the candidate
- How the candidate develops, adapt and exhibit overall professional growth.
Having this in mind it is important to describe a situation where you exhibited weakness and what you did to improve or overcome.
What are your weaknesses?
1. In a situation where I am responsible for leading a project to successful completion, I tend to self motivate and work hard to see completion. This has made me overlook my team members and not delegate tasks. As a result I have tried to use project management methodologies to allow me delegate easily and have an overview of the project and appropriate timescales.
2. As a healthcare professional, I have been trained to have and show a great deal of empathy. This sometimes become a challenge in situations where I am asked to give feedback to my team members. I have had to undertake series of courses such as the Mary Seacole Leadership and Management course to ensure I develop necessary skills required to provide constructive criticism thereby support my team members to become better healthcare professionals.